Leslie's Chocolate Tiramisu
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream 8 ounce container mascarpone cheese, room temperature 1/3 cup granulated sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup espresso, cooled 1 (7 oz.) package lady fingers, Biscotti Savoiardi 2 oz. dark chocolate 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Beat whipping cream using whisk attachment of electric mixer until soft peaks form. Slowly add sugar and vanilla, and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Add softened mascarpone cheese and mix until just combined.
2. Pour cooled espresso into a shallow bowl. Quickly dip half of the lady fingers in the espresso, one at a time.
3. Place them in a single layer in the bottom of an 8”x 8” dish.
4. Spread half of the mascarpone/cream mixture on top of the lady finger layer. Finely grate some dark chocolate over the top.
5. One at a time, quickly dip the other half of the lady fingers in the espresso and layer them on top.
6. Evenly spread the rest of the mascarpone/cream mix over the top. Dust cocoa powder over the top with a fine mesh strainer.
7. Finely grate more dark chocolate on the top. Refrigerate 3-4 hours or overnight before serving. Serves 8.