Samantha Jean's Million Dollar Dessert
2 tablespoons of butter
8 ounces of fresh raspberries
1 ½ ounces of Raspberry Rum
1 ½ ounces of Cointreau
1 ½ ounces of Chambord
12 fresh strawberries
4 sprigs of mint
8 scoops of Vanilla ice cream
1. Sauté 8 ounces of fresh raspberries in 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat.
2. Cut of strips of peel from the lemon and orange and add to the raspberry sauté.
3. Squeeze the remainder of the lemon and orange and add the juice to the raspberry sauté.
4. Continue to sauté with medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Separate out the raspberry seeds, lemon and orange peel from the raspberry sauté.
6. Add 1 ½ ounces of Raspberry Rum, 1 ½ ounces of Cointreau and 1 ½ ounces of Chambord.Sauté for another minute. Optional – flambé mixture.
7. Quarter the 12 strawberries and add to 4 serving bowls of 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream.
8. Pour sauce over 4 serving bowls of 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream and strawberries, Add a mint sprig to each serving bowl and sprinkle with powdered sugar.